On September 2, GHIA held its Annual Meeting at the Organization of the American States Building,1889 F Street, 3rd Floor, Washington D.C. with the participation of members from the Greater Washington Area and remote participants connected by web videoconferencing. In August we conducted our biennial election for the Presidency with Dr.Habib Latiri being voted as the new President for the 2017-2018 period. This year, we had the honor to have Ms. Kathleen Hower, CEO of Global Links as invited speaker and received the visit of Dr. George Alleyne, Member Emeritus of GHIA and ex-Director of PAHO/WHO. Follows the agenda, downloadable files, and photos from this successful event.
- Welcome and Report by Dr. Juan Manuel Sotelo, President 2012-2016
- In Memoriam for deceased GHIA Members Horst Otterstetter and Boris Ibañez (Drs. José Teruel and Habib Latiri)
- Report on the 2016 election result by the Election Committee Chairperson (Dr. José Teruel)
- Plan of Work for the 2017-2018 Biennium by Dr. Habib Latiri, incoming GHIA President for 2017-2018
- Invited Speaker - Ms. Kathleen Hower, Chief Executive Officer, Co-Founder Global Links Pittsburgh, PA
A downloadable file for the 2017-2018 GHIA Plan of Work presented by Dr. Latiri is here (PowerPoint)